We are delighted to invite all BSSS Early Career Members to the 2019 ECR Conference which will be held at The Edge, University of Sheffield.
Each delegate will be expected to produce an abstract for either an oral or poster presentation to be delivered over the two days of conference. One of the main objectives of this biennial event is for the society's ECR members to have the opportunity to present their research in a "friendly environment".
Whether you’ve just started your PhD or Post-Doc or whether you are near to their completion, the BSSS ECR Conference will be an excellent opportunity to present your research, develop your networks and think ahead about careers and job opportunities.
Here are five reasons why the BSSS ECR conference should make your 2019 diary:
1) This conference is fully funded for all of our BSSS ECR Members and covers registration, accommodation, workshops, seminars and catering.
2) It will be a friendly environment in which to hone your presenting skills and an informal forum in which to receive positive, constructive feedback. For the first time at an ECR, we shall have two dedicated Poster Carousel sessions.
3) There will be a special focus on the 'Viva' with hints and tips from both examiners and recently successful PhD candidates. We will also focus on career opportunities within Soil Science and provide delegates a chance to hear from a range of sectors including industry, government and academia.
4) As well as Oral and Poster sessions, there will be networking breakouts and a group photo challenge around the nearby Botanical Gardens
5) By attending, you will be invited to take part in and contribute to a very special BSSS ECR Time Capsule, celebrating the ECR community, which we anticipate unearthing in a reunion event at BSSS 100th Anniversary Celebrations in 2047.
10 BASIS CPD points have been awarded to this meeting - Environment 4, Application Practice 1, Plant Nutrition 2, Personal Development 3.
If you are registered with BASIS, please remember to bring your membership number with you and complete the BASIS form which will be available on the Registration Desk throughout the conference.
TUESDAY 16TH APRIL: CONFERENCE OPENS 10:40AM
Registration and coffee will be available from 10:00am.
WEDNESDAY 17TH APRIL: CONFERENCE CLOSES 2:45PM
REGISTRATION FOR THIS MEETING IS NOW CLOSED