Applying for Chartered Scientist
Chartered Scientist is open to all Members and Fellows of BSSS who work in the practice, application, advancement or teaching of science and have the appropriate combination of qualifications and experience.
Candidates must, via their Professional Report and supporting documentation prove their competence against each of the following Chartership criteria:
- An appreciation of the scientific method.
- An ability to obtain, process and critically evaluate scientific data.
- An ability to communicate clearly, verbally and in writing.
- A clear understanding of the meaning and needs of professionalism.
- An awareness of Health and Safety issues and other statutory obligations applicable to their discipline or area of work.
- A knowledge and understanding of the Code of Conduct.
- A commitment to Continuing Professional Development.
- Competence in their area of expertise.
To apply for Chartered Scientist status please download the application form and guidance notes Completed application forms and all supporting documentation should then be returned, in full to the BSSS Office.