Tim O'Hare Associates is a leading soil science and landscape engineering consultancy. The practice offers technical expertise and practical advice in: • Soil Survey and Site Investigation • Soil Handling and Management Strategies • Soil Testing Services • Design and Specification Technical Support • Site Inspections and Monitoring Services.
We are offering a new and exciting opportunity for an individual to join our team in our head office in Wallingford, Oxfordshire. Comprehensive in-house training will be provided, and the opportunity to develop specialist skills relating to sports pitch agronomy, drainage design, habitat creation, topsoil manufacture and landscape science.
Typical responsibilities would include:
- Site Work – soil sampling, soil survey and site inspections/monitoring
- Soil Testing – selecting and commissioning soil tests with relevant laboratories and processing incoming test results
- Reporting – writing and issuing interpretative reports
- Support – assisting with the planning, organisation and site work during soil surveys and site monitoring visits
- Client Liaison – telephone and email enquiries
- BSc or MSc (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline (e.g. soil science, environmental science, ecology, agricultural science, horticultural science, geography)
- Self-starter, team player with strong inter-personal skills and proactive character
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Competent with standard IT software (Microsoft Office)
- Full Driving Licence
- Member of a professional association
- Relevant work experience
- Use of AutoCAD
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, technical guidance and codes of practice
- CSCS card
For more information about Tim O'Hare Associates please look on the website
If you require any further information about the position please contact Tim O’Hare or Laura Hathaway-Jenkins (email@example.com).
To apply please send your CV and covering email to: firstname.lastname@example.org