This course will provide will provide participants with an understanding of what public engagement is and what's in it for them, awareness of a range of public engagement opportunities available, and taking the first steps towards understanding public engagement activities.
- to define what public engagement is in the wider context of engagement with research
- to understand reasons for public engagement with research, for individuals, research groups, research area, institution and funders.
- to identify individual motivations for public engagement and benefits to the mid-career researchers
- to understand the breadth of public groups and what their motivations are for engaging with research
- to learn from the best practise of other engaging researchers
- to explore what makes a meaningful public engagement activity
- to generate and share initial ideas for potential public engagement projects
- to signpost opportunities for public engagement through Royal Society of Biology
The course will include an expert Q&A panel session.
This event has been approved by the Royal Society of Biology for purposes of CPD and can be counted as 18 CPD points.
Fees: From £140 +VAT
As a Member Organisation of the Royal Society of Biology, BSSS members are eligible to up to 50% discounts on RSB training courses.